Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

DIVE! DIVE! 8 x 8




DIVE!  DIVE!
8 x 8
oil/canvas board
$85

This one was done for two challenges!  The Daily Paintworks challenge was to paint something in motion....and have it look like it's in motion.  I think this little guy is definitely in motion...and I think his buddies won't be far behind!  You know how that ice is!!  This was a fun challenge....you know me and my animals AND my water!  So this filled the need to paint all my favorites.

The second challenge is, of course, the '30 in 30' challenge that I've been working on since January 2.  What's getting difficult at this point is where to put all the 'wet' paintings!!  I don't have big, long shelves in my studio on which to place them, so I fear they may be in places unsuited for wet oil paint!!!

I'm not at all sure how many paintings I've done so far this month, but I think, practice pieces included, I should be right on the money or only one behind.  It's been a great challenge as it has made me feel obligated to be in my studio, painting, EVERY DAY ~ and that's what I was having the most trouble doing.  This just proves that with a little discipline it's possible to paint daily and still have a life.  So it's all good!

email:  artsyfartsy4@comcast.net
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/corinne-murphy/taking-in-the-view/172606

No comments:

Post a Comment