Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

VICTORIA MONTESINO STUDY 12 x 9



Victoria Montesinos study
12 x 9
oil/stretched canvas
 private collector

This is my entry to day 11 of Leslie Saeta's '30 in 30' challenge.  As you can see, there haven't been 11 entries posted here for this challenge.  There is a reason for that.  There were a couple (few?) that were simply 'unpostable'!!!  I am calling them 'practice paintings', and that they were.  Everything one paints is another lesson and another experience.  But I didn't see any need to, um, bother you with all of my lessons and experiences!!!

This one, on the other hand, was more fun than I've had in ages at the easel!! This is a copy, my version, of a fabulous painting by a fabulous artist by the name of Victoria Montesinos.  She does the most amazing abstract work and as I was leafing through her beautiful book, I thought "why not try to duplicate this style?  It couldn't be more different than my usual work, so let's do it!!".  Of course it's nowhere near her work, but it was terrific fun and makes me want to do more!  This one did, however, take me 2 days to finish, so I don't know if it qualifies for this challenge!!

What happened to the birds idea?  Not sure.  Stay tuned!!

email:  artsyfartsy4@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment